Sunday, December 2, 2012

Favorites: TV Shows

Hey guys, I just wanted to share some of my favorite tv series with you. Not all of them are currently on air. However, you can probably find re-runs of them.


Gilmore Girls: Gilmore is definitely one of my all time favorite shows. However, I never saw any of them when they were new. I was flipping through channels one day, and luckily came across a re-run. The story is about a mother and her daughter. The daughter, Rory Gilmore lives in a small town with her single mother, Loreali Gilmore. The two girls are more like best friends than sisters. The series starts when Rory is in high school and ends after she graduates college. The series follows the two through their lives, with all of their relationships and friends. The series is also full of pop culture references that really help make the show. 

Doctor Who: Okay, so I don't even really know where to start with Doctor Who. It's an amazing series, but it might be confusing at first. The series follows the mysterious Doctor. The Doctor is an alien called a Time Lord. The show follows him and his companions(friends) as they save the world time and time again. The show actually started in the sixties. However, the series ended but was rebooted in 2005. I haven't actually watched any of the originial ones, I started watching the ones from 2005. Anyways these guys do a really good job of explaining the whole thing. I know this show sounds really wierd, but you should give it a chance. My cousin used to watch it and I thought he was crazy for doing so. However, my sister's boyfriend, who also watches the show, finally convinced me to watch it. And now I'm hooked. The show is currently in it's 7th series on the BBC. But, a new episode doesn't come on till Christmas. 

Boy Meets World: This is another great show. The show is about Corey Matthews and his family and friends. It starts off when he is in elementary school and lasts until he makes it through college. The show is hilarious, and I definitely recommend that you check it out. 

The Vampire Diaries: This show is actually still running. There are new episodes at 8:00 p.m. on the CW if you want to watch it. The show is about Elena Gilbert who recently lost her parents. When she returns to school, she meets the new guy Stefan Salvatore. Stefan and his brother had recently moved to the town. However, it turns out the two brothers had a secret; they're vampires. The show follows these three as well as their friends as they deal with all the supernatural things that happen in their town. If you're not a fan of supernatural aspects you might not like this show, as it's full of vampires, werewolves, and witches among other things. But you should still give it a try. 

Full House: I'm pretty sure you've all know about Full House. However, I'll explain it real quick in case you've been living under a rock. The show is about the Tanner family. There are three girls, D.J., Stephanie, and Michelle. After their mother passes away, their uncle and their dad's best friend move in to help raise them. Hence the name, Full House. The show is about the family as the girl grows up, and all the lessons the girls learn along the way. I watched this show all the time when I was little, and it's still one of my favorites. 

I know this was a long post, but I just wanted to share these shows with you. If you watch any or plan to watch any, please comment and let us know what you think!
Lots of Love, Macy 

No comments:

Post a Comment