Sunday, November 18, 2012

Book Review: Saving June

Hey everybody! I absolutely love to read and love recommending books I enjoy to other. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies, and I always like hearing how others react to books I like. Today, I just finished reading Saving June by Hannah Harrington, so I thought I would just do a quick review. 



I've actually had this book for a while, but I hadn't had the chance to read it until now. I finished it in about two days. However, I don't know if it's because it's a easy read or because I'm just a hermit who spends my days reading! :) Anyways, here's a quick summary:
The book is told from the perspective of Harper Scott. The book starts with Harper at her sister's wake. Her sister, June, killed herself a week before her high school graduation. Her sister had always wanted to California, so Harper gets the idea to go to California to spread her sister's ashes. The only part of her plan is that her parents don't know anything about the trip. Harper along with her friend Laney, and Jake, a stranger who seems to have an unknown connection to June, head to California. On the trip, Harper thinks she's learning who the real Jake is, until she discovers that he's keeping a secret that could change her life. 
This isn't one of my all-time favorite books, but I really enjoyed it. The character seem so real and they're easy to relate to. I would definitely recommend this book. However, I should warn you that you might shed a few tears....
I hope you all enjoy the book if you chose to read it. I love to read, so I plan on doing many book reviews in the future. 
Lots of Love, Macy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment